QUICK RESPONSE GRANTS FOR DIVERSE CREATIVES OPEN NOW!
WHAT IS AVAILABLE?
The government has announced a total of $5 million to support independent creative practitioners who have been impacted by COVID 19 in 2021. This includes:
- Up to $5,000 for individuals, sole traders and freelancers; and,
- Up to $10,000 for collectives, groups and micro-organisations/businesses (micro organisations/businesses are those that employ less than 5 Full Time Equivalent staff).
- Plus, up to $2,500 in additional access funding is available for applications from Deaf and Disabled creatives, artists, arts workers, and disability-led organisations/businesses.
Take note, this grant program is for you! 20% of the grant funding will be allocated to culturally and linguistically diverse applicants!
As your peak body, MAV has been working hard behind the scenes to ensure that the program meets the needs of diverse creatives, including lobbying for the 20% quota that you see applied to this program.
We are committed to striving for equity and justice in the arts.
WHAT SUPPORT IS THERE FOR DIVERSE CREATIVES?
- Support for diverse creatives is available from MAV and RAV.
- We have two Creatives of Colour working as program advisors who are able to answer questions and guide the development of your application. They are Grace Vanilau and Aaron Stephanus. You can make a time to meet with Grace or Aaron at this link. See below for information about Grace and Aaron.
- If you require auspicing of your grant, you can make those arrangements through MAV by contacting Miriam Abud at email@example.com
- We will be holding two information sessions for diverse creatives on Zoom, on:
20 Oct 2021, Wed, 6pm and 3 Nov 2021, Wed, 6pm.
Bookings required, register via Eventbrite below.
Info Session - 20 Oct
Info Session - 3 Nov
WHO IS DELIVERING THE PROGRAM?
The Sustaining Creative Workers program is supported by the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria and administered by an industry advisory group comprising Creative Victoria, Arts Access Victoria, MAV, Music Victoria, NETS Victoria, Regional Arts Victoria, Theatre Network Australia and Writers Victoria.
A MAV team of creatives of colour will be assessing applications by those applicants who indicate that preference.
WHAT ARE THE DATES FOR THE PROGRAM?
There will be two rounds. Applicants can apply anytime up to 5pm, Monday November 22, 2021. Two rounds will be assessed during the program open period:
- Round One: closes 5pm Tuesday October 26. Applicants who submit before this date will be assessed in Round One and advised of Outcomes in the week commencing Monday November 15. Any applicant who does not receive funding in Round One will automatically be considered in Round Two. Up to 25% of the total funding pool will be distributed through Round One.
- Round Two: closes 5pm Monday November 22. Applicants who submit to Round Two will be advised of Outcomes in the week commencing December 13. At least 75% of the total funding pool will be distributed through Round Two.
Click here for more information, including the funding guidelines and how to apply.
Click here to begin your application